Tuesday, April 20, 2010

We've only just begun...

This morning when i arrived at the office I spent some time in prayer. I was praying over the whole situation with the decision that I need to make, again submitting it to the Father. I was also praying that Jesus would be sovereign over the decision, and over the leadership, that my leaders would look to Jesus for His will concerning my partnership with the C&MA. As I was praying this image came to my mind: my director was sitting on at his desk talking on the phone to me and behind him stood Jesus...he was towering over my director as if to emphasize His authority, His sovereignty. It again encouraged me and solidified to me how involved the Father, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are in this whole process.

I could go into so much detail concerning how the conversation went this morning, but I'll try to keep it simple.
I have decided to continue moving forward with the C&MA. I will be pursuing the possibilities that are in front of me with these countries, talking with the regional leaders about vision but also sharing with them what I know is on my heart for ministry. As we move along in this, if there is any time when i am sensing God leading me in a different direction we will be able to reassess things and determine what to do at that point. They desire to see the will of God completed in my life and if it means that He takes me in a different direction than what I'm pursuing now they are 100% supportive.

I also discussed with him the confirmation I have sensed God strongly give to me to pursue intercession and growing in my experience of it through guidance and teaching from seasoned intercessors. I mentioned the College of Prayer and wondered about the integration of international ministries with the College of Prayer. This is going to have to be an ongoing conversation because as of right now there is no clear understanding of what this could look like. Right now the only way the College of Prayer is integrated is that leaders who are stateside go over short-term and lead sessions and then return to the states. I am called to be on the foreign ground long term, so this sort of integration wouldn't do for me.I want to be involved in a ministry of intercession on the field. but we have no idea what that would look like. So, there is hope for future discussion concerning this. however, I was advised that in the next few months I really need to pursue the College of Prayer and find out as much as I can, become more familiar with them, be in contact with them about their vision and see what doors God could open and if there is a way to integrate the two.

So, with all of this said, basically I have decided to step into a vast sea of more questions. :) But at least I am swimming in the sea now, and not just standing along the shore wondering what the sea is like.
I can definitely use A LOT of people praying for me in this, so if you want to pray contact me and ask how you can be partnering in this with me. :)

Thanks so much for all of your support,love and prayers over the last few months...we are just beginning in this wild adventure with God...it's exciting to see how it will all unfold.

No comments: