Friday, April 16, 2010

Update

I just wanted to inform all of you that I went into yesterday's deadline for my decision with the desire to express honestly that I still am not 100% sure. I explained some of the questions I need to have answered and asked if there would be anyway to have an extension of time. I sense that God really wants me to continue to persevere in prayer concerning this and to believe that He'll answer. So, my director will be returning on Tuesday of next week and i plan on having a phone conversation with him. My prayer is that some other things will unfold before then which will make the conversation quite productive. Keep praying...there seems to be much that God has to teach me through this.

The River
Last night at small group, my friend Rebecca shared something from Ezekiel 47. Ezekiel is being shown a vision of the temple area, and this particular passage refers to the river that is flowing from the entrance of the temple. This is what is says, "As the man went eastward with a measuring line in his hand, he measured off a thousand cubits and then led me through water that was ankle-deep. He measured off another thousand cubits and led me through water that was knee-deep. He measured off another thousand and led me through water that was up to the waist. He measured off another thousand but now it was a river that I could not cross, because the water had  risen and was deep enough to swim in-a river that no one could cross. He asked me, "Son of man, do you see this?" Rebecca explained that the Lord spoke to hear about this river flowing from the temple of God being the presence of God that is available to us...some are only experiencing it up to their ankles, but there is more...you can go deeper. Wading in ankle deep water is refreshing and it is enjoyable, but  how much more refreshing is it when you get to swim in it!
I just loved that image, because there is more to God's presence than what we are experiencing now. I know for me, I only know the ankle-deep level, but I want to know more, I want to go further. And I think He is using this decision I have to make to show me that there is more to know of Him. That I have not yet been filled to the measure of the fullness of God. I've only just dipped my toes in! So, bring on more of your Spirit Lord! I want to be filled to the measure of the fullness of God!

No comments: