Monday, July 9, 2012

Wash me in the Water

I'm standing on what appears to be a diving board, my feet on the edge of the board ready to dive-but wait, it isn't water that lies before me. I look down and what awaits me is the Word of God. Without hesitancy I dive face first into the Scriptures, sinking deep, not holding my breath but instead inhaling everything as I dive-allowing for the Scriptures to consume my lungs. And then I started to resurface and once I got back up to the surface I just started swimming in the Word...and it was as if the water lines of the Word were unending, no matter how far to one edge I would swim, it just kept reaching out into the horizon, taking me further and further-I just kept swimming and with every stroke that I made a page turned with it-so smooth, so steady, so graceful. 
The scene quickly changed and I was getting out of the "water." I reached down to grab my towel and pulled it up into the air-it became the German flag-and then carefully laid it down on the ground. I fell to my knees on top of the German flag and with my face pressed down against the flag I began to intercede for Germany-prayers were rising up into the heavens, but you couldn't actually hear my prayers, instead you could see them rising up in the air...they were in the shape of music notes. Coming out of my heart and mouth were songs of prayer over the country of Germany. 

Pretty powerful. These images were given to Val, a friend of mine, as her and another friend, Shelly, were interceding for me. I was blown away at the detail described, but also by images themselves and the volume at which they spoke to my soul. It is so very clear through this the emphasis God is making on the importance of being consumed by His Word, being washed by His Word, making every stroke in sync with the Word; His Word is Eternal, without Limit, no end. It is through this that I will then be able to intercede for Germany, not just in prayer, but that out of my mouth will flow songs for Germany. I believe that what this is saying to me is that through my Abiding in Christ will come a heart of intercession for the people of Germany and that some how God will use the music and songs in my heart to serve and to minister to them. Maybe even to break down strongholds-music under the anointing of the Holy Spirit and in collaboration with the Sword of the Spirit, the Word of God is an effective tool to tear down strongholds...if this is your will Lord, so let it be. Like I said...powerful...humbling...a great responsibility.
And a wonder and a mystery that God speaks to us the way He does...this reminds me of a song that I love...called Small Enough by Nicole Nordeman. Here is a link to the song if you would like to listen:
http://www.myspace.com/nicholenordeman/music/songs/small-enough-this-mystery-album-version-33875635

He hears us when we pray, He longs to reveal His heart and His will-now the question is...what will I do with what I've been given and this knowledge of His will?

1 comment:

Rev em up said...

Love the post. powerful vision. absolutely powerful. so vivid. Keep pressing on.

Scott