Friday, February 11, 2011

Something new and unique in every city...

It is 12:21am, just wrapping up an evening full of storytelling and sharing about ministry with my host family back here in San Antonio. As many of you know, I'm a night owl, but tonight especially I am just exhilarated by the quality of the time spent with people tonight. 

Tonight was a special night. I praise God for unexpected blessings. I got a chance to connect with another Pastor from this area (not with the CMA) and his son through the people I am staying with. We arrived at this pastor's church and the six of us spent some time in worship together through song, praying the Psalms, sharing together some of the burdens on our hearts and then going before the Father  to intercede for one another. I also was able to share from my heart the things God has been revealing to me over the last 2+ years of ministry, and how he has again confirmed His calling to have the "beautiful feet that brings the good news." It's these times that I've specifically asked people to pray for; to have the opportunity to connect on this level tonight was God's direct answer to those who have been praying for this. THANK YOU FOR PRAYING!!!!

Tomorrow I head down to the valley...McAllen, Texas. I'm sure many you have heard about the recent tumultuous events that have been taking place down in Mexico near the border of Texas, but I want you to rest in assurance that God is with me as I go and has spoken his protection over me. He instills HIS peace and reminded me that He is going with me. He gave me a verse through Ruth Hess from Genesis 46. God is speaking to Jacob and telling him not to be afraid to go down to Egypt..."I will go down with you to Egypt and will surely bring you up again..." What a huge encouragement that my Father in heaven, knew my heart and spoke directly to it to calm any nervousness I had about it. He also then used other people to speak faith and trust into the situation...and before I knew it, any fears I had (of the worst possible scenario that could happen) were eliminated. So, I tell you this not to release you from praying safety over me but that God has granted me courage and faith and an anticipation of what ministry awaits me there. 

1 comment:

Chinchilla Family said...

SO glad you got to spend time with dear Aunt Ruthie! I met her at a COP in Toccoa & she is such a sweet saint! Glad she's on your "team" now! :)