Tuesday, December 16, 2008

December Fun


Yes folks, that's right, Snow in TEXAS! For two minutes last wednesday night, it snowed. It is evidenced on my car.
You, can't really see the snow on the roof of my car, but it's there.

And so to prove that it's there I made a hand print.

The Christmas season has arrived! And all the holiday lights are on display. In fact, tonight our church is taking a tour of the Longview Lights display...and I must say from the the displays I've seen already, Longview goes all out! But I've always loved the Christmas lights. When I was a little girl, my sisters and I would run to our car when we were getting ready to head to church and wrestle over who got to sit on which side of the car...all because we knew who get the better view of all the Christmas lights on the way to church...and we'd make a competition out of it too...who ever counted the most lights on their side would win! Now, of course we never actually won anything, but bragging rights, and as the youngest of three girls, I needed all the bragging rights I could get. :)
So, in some ways seeing all these lights just brings up really fun memories for me as a little girl.
This past saturday I went to Jefferson, the historical town filled with antique shops (Dad, you'd be in heaven) with some friends from the church and we did some Christmas shopping. A very festive and fun occasion to get me in the Christmas mood. Here are just a few pictures from that night.

Alicia, making a new friend.

Of course we found the cowboy hats. Yee HAw!

Here are the animals that were part of the strange manger scene made out of metal. We werent' exactly sure what the small middle animal was supposed to be, we actually thought it was a giant fly, but I don't recall a giant fly being a part of the manger scene.



There are some crazy things found in the Jefferson General Store...We found the crazy sunglasses section. Here, Alicia Nevius is sporting her "winged pig" sunglasses.


Hey, what's life without a little fun, eh?

No comments: